We are honored to have the time, talent and treasures of our many Volunteers. To prepare and be sure that each volunteer is serving in the right volunteer position; please choose the one below best fitting your personal goals and situation.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER
- Meets once a month on the first Thursday of the month from 6-7 PM at the Chi Chi Sports Complex
- Provides event leadership and/or hands on role in the Academy’s mission
- Members planning to be event chair persons and/or take on committee roles will be drawn from this group.
- Members have Board of Directors and VIP Volunteer support
- Receives meeting minutes
- Meeting times vary per interest
- These are individuals of influence with resources and good ideas committed to be called upon for consulting, contributing and volunteering for special events, special projects and in emergency situations.
- They are kept up to date of happenings through e-mail
- Summer Camp Volunteers come Monday – Thursday from 9am to 12pm (or certain days depending on Coach needs) and assist trained Coaches with daily programming at the Sports Complex and Golf Course
- Certification Program Volunteers come during designated Program hours (vary per class) and assist trained Coaches with daily programming at the Sports Complex or Golf Course
- Working Volunteers have a “work” schedule of eight (8) hours per week
- Duties are customer oriented and these volunteers will provide labor assistance, when needed in exchange for golf and sports complex privileges. Hours worked are recorded to earn privileges.
- Working Volunteers usually work for Education, Golf Operations, Project Development, or Grounds Maintenance.
Sean Tobe – Academy Executive Committee Member and Chi Chi Charity Classic Co-Chair
“I volunteer my time with the Chi Chi Rodriguez Youth Foundation because I believe in the goals of the Foundation and I enjoy being a part of the family. I played the golf course growing up and didn’t know a whole lot about what the Foundation was about until I moved back to the area after college. I wanted to get involved in the local community and my father Scott Tobe was already a part of the Executive Committee so it was a natural fit for me to see what it was all about. I knew a little bit about The First Tee and the School that was on site but not enough. As I became a working member of the Executive Committee I’ve come to understand how great the kids are and how great this organization is. I’m proud to be a part of what is going on at this Foundation and I look forward to being a part of the growth into the future.”
Mike Kessel – The First Tee of Clearwater Volunteer Assistant Coach
“The reason I volunteer is simple. I believe education is the most important opportunity most of us have. I wasn’t the most gifted student but I learned many values and lessons through sports. I want kids to know that they have the chance to be as successful as they want to be. In the classroom or on the golf course hard work, determination and applying the core values can take you wherever you want to go.”